Flat Drain - TerraFlow 100 Specifications
- TerraFlow 100 geocomposite subsurface collector-drains are prefabricated using a specially-designed interior core member,
configured to provide water flow areas, and supports for a tightly-fit, encapsulating non-woven geotextile wrapping.
- The non-woven geotextile fully encloses the core member, and is fully sealed at the lap seam. The interior core member is
nominally 1" thick, with a minimum compressive strength of 2,600 pounds per square foot at 10% deflection, when tested in
accordance with ASTM D1621.
- Minimum core width is 6 inches. Core material is virgin high-density polyethylene, conforming to ASTM D1248 (Type III), with
suitable colorants and additives to provide protection against ultraviolet degradation during storage and installation. The drain
core has cuspations projecting from a flat, perforated base in a uniformly spaced linear pattern.
- The assembled TerraFlow 100 collector-drain provides free groundwater inflow through the geotextile outerwrap into the drain
interior. The core provides a minimum of 70% unobstructed inflow surface area on the primary side of the drain. The non-woven
needlepunched geotextile shall have the following minimum values:
||4.0 ounce/square yard
|Trap. Tear Strength
|Puncture Resistance (5/16")
|Mullen Burst Strength
|Vertical Water Flow (2")
||170 gpm/square foot
|Coefficient of Permeability
|AOS / U.S. Sieve No.
||70 - 100
- Waterproof Tape used for sealing TerraFlow subsurface drain joints and connections is the equivalent of type PC-628 waterproof
TerraFlow tape, having a rubber impregnated vinyl coated backing with a high tack natural rubber adhesive. Tape meets the
following average roll physical properties and performance characteristics:
|Adhesion to Stainless Steel
|Adhesion to Backing
|Adhesion to Kraft Paper
- Smooth Wall Pipe, when specified for trunk drains, is solid-wall without perforations through the pipe wall(s) and have a smooth
interior surface. Flexible, coilable pipes with corrugated inner wall surfaces are not acceptable. Pipes may be manufactured from
PVC or ABS resins, and be provided in uniform, straight lengths
- PVC pipe must conform to ASTM D3034 for single-wall pipe and ASTM F949 for double-wall pipe with smooth interior (Contech
D-2000 Drainage Pipe)
- ABS pipe must conform to ASTM D2751 for solid-wall pipe and to ASTM D2680 for composite pipe
- Solid-wall pipes shall be SDR 35 or stronger
- Required fittings must be manufactured of the same polymer (PVC or ABS) as used for pipe production
- Drainage backfill sand meets the criteria for fine aggregate listed in ASTM C33 Standard Specification for concrete aggregate
with a maximum 5% fines content (passing #200 sieve). Additionally, the backfill material must be dust free (washed) to insure
Copyright © 1998-2010 Jensen Sales Company All rights reserved.
Website by Web Publishing & Services, Inc.